sábado, 4 de noviembre de 2017

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I'm such a nut. I had never even heard of this event until I published An Ominous Book and by that time I commented to myself that there was little point in participating in NaNoWriMo if my novels are over 50,000 words and mainly need heavy editing.

I have been stalling a lot of my writing this year due to my cruelly long work hours and swore to myself I'd avoid NaNoWriMo 2017 like the plague. And then I have an awesome dream this morning of a kickass urban fantasy plot idea. Crap, I... must... write.. urge... to resist... impossible.

So here I am enjoying one of my rare freebie days and I somehow logged a whopping 9301 words and still have almost 4 weeks to finish an additional 40,000 words. Holy cow!

Now, I must dare say the draft will not be as good as I want and it will need editing, but the purpose of his event is to write a plot idea even if the writing sucked and then clean it up. Heck, who knows if I will ever publish it but I do indeed fancy publishing a novella for a change that isn't related to my already published novels.

Here is the plot excerpt:

Stuart and Barbara went from hell to heaven in the blink of an eye. After a perilous escape from Somali pirates, the two engineers reach a gorgeous vessel that is commanded by a mysterious man with jewels instead of eyes named Rovan.
Ecstatic with their change of fortune and living a perpetual dream, Barbara and Stuart start to realize there is something wrong...
If I ever finish this novella (the shortness of the story all points to I could do this!), I'll need ARC readers to issue comments and complaints. Feel free to sign up for my mailing list HERE and not only get the first An Ominous Book novel for free, but to have the chance to know when I may need readers.

Subscribe to the official An Ominous Book mailing list

* indicates required

Cheers!!!

1 comentario:



  1. I found the book,and now I'm going to immerse myself into the reading.Will comment once I am done.

    ResponderEliminar