domingo, 23 de julio de 2017

Should I feel thrilled with bootlegs of my book?

An author friend sent me the suggestion a few days ago to try out this new (currently free) add on called Blasty that locates bootleg pdf copies of your books. I assumed nobody would want to bootleg my books but curiously enough, there are people out there that have been offer unauthorized copies of my books on the net.

Now, if something is too good to be true, it probably is. You don't know if the bootleg files are the real book or just a nasty computer virus to screw up your computer. My books don't cost a lot of money and An Ominous Book is free on Smashwords. Is losing your computer really worth the risk?

I have sent requests to block google searches of most of the bootleg content. However, I was mightily perplexed by this little jewel.


Apparently this website offers a bootleg of the Spanish translation of An Ominous Book (not too unsurprising given everyone bootlegs Spanish language ebooks).

The really strange thing is that my book has a really high rating, a whopping 4.5/5 from 564 votes!!!!!

I don't know if I should feel insulted or flattered. If you downloaded a bootleg copy of one of my books for free, could you at LEAST do one kind thing and review it on a legit site? Goodreads doesn't even require you to write a review or have a credit card, you can simply put your star rating. I mean, if you enjoyed my hard work for free without giving me my due credit, at least put the stars where they will actually carry some weight.

Review the book HERE.

I have to say this website called Blasty is rather interesting and the dire truth that bootlegs of my books that may or may not have viruses is a harsh reality. Even if you're a scrambling author, why not try the website while it's still free?

Check out Blasty HERE.

Cheers!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario